Wednesday 16 December 2009

Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have started to improve on my development stages, i have been having problems with doing projects in an ordered and logical way, and i am just starting to address these issues. I have been steadily improving my research skills and finding contemporary design to inform my ideas. I have been continuing to improve my skills in computer based design work, as well as getting a more even balance between hand drawn and computer generated design work.
2. What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped?
I have tried to improve my creative process and follow each step logically through to an answer and to try and explore options along the way. I have been trying to work in different ways so it brings a fresh perspective to design work. I need to work on laying out my planning of projects, and work as professionally as possible.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think i have a strength in my computer design skills but i need to be careful not to overuse these at the expense of all else. I feel i can come up with decent ideas, and when i get ideas i need to follow them through to their conclusion.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?
I need to work more on paper and think things through, i need to improve my time management still and commit more ideas to paper. I need to improve my whole design practice and be sure to document everything along the way. I need to spend more time and care over final results and properly explore options.
5. Identify five things that you will do different next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
I will choose projects that are valuable to me and try and go outside my comfort zone.
I will not fall back on old computer skills and i will develop work using several different mediums and media.
I will plan projects better and work through them logically.
I will develop ideas fully so i have explored a reasonable amount of options.
I will present everything i do with a level of professionalism.